Hearing loss affects one in ten North Americans. Otolaryngologist are experts in the treatment of ear disorders. They are trained in both the medical and surgical treatment of hearing, ear infections, balance disorders, ear noise (TINNITUS), nerve pain, facial and cranial nerve disorders. Otolaryngologists also manage congenital (birth) disorders of the outer and inner ear. So the conditions we evaluate include:
- otitis externa (infections of the ear canal)
- serous otitis (recurrent middle ear infections)
- otosclerosis, vertigo (dizziness)
- tinnitus (noise or ringing in the ear)
- ear lesions
- cerumen impaction (wax build up the ear).
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call your local Ear Specialist Doctor at Cedar Crest ENT. We are certainly here to help you hear better again.